Our core principles of teamwork, accountability, customer-orientation, health and safety, and continuous improvement have built a collaborative and exciting corporate culture. Our team is committed to creating an environment where employees can grow and keep pace with our rapidly evolving industry. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we will be better able to meet the needs of our diverse customer base through a diverse group of employees. Hydrogenics is constantly looking for highly motivated and talented individuals to join our team.
We currently have openings for the following positions:
- Dates: 13 Apr, 2016
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
Hydrogenics offers rewarding career opportunities for high-calibre candidates who have the potential to thrive and produce in our dynamic environment. Our innovative engineering team works on cutting edge design and development of our PEM fuel cell and electrolyzer systems. Our collective success is based on maintaining agility as we grow.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Program Manager to join our engineering team to manage new product development platforms and customer projects.
- Set project budgets and timelines in agreement with sales and internal stakeholders.
- Communicate regularly with customers to update progress and status of deliverables.
- Communicate with management regarding progress on budgets and timelines.
- Develop and execute project plans in a matrix environment for a highly complex technical program.
- Support cross-functional teams toward common project goals; this requires the ability to understand program requirements at a deeply technical level, and execute work on technical deliverables.
- Work with engineering and operations to establish appropriate project and process tools.
- Regularly interface with internal and external program stakeholders to update on program progress.
- Drive to resolve issues; flag and develop action plans for issues which may cause program delays.
- Make use of defined processes and tools to initiate, plan, execute, control, and close projects that involve either complex customer contracts or the development of new products.
- Other duties as required.
- Engineering Degree (Systems Design, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical) with Relevant Project Management Experience. PMP registration an asset.
- Greater than 5 years related experience in engineering design and managing complex engineering projects. Familiarity with ERP system and processes is required.
‘Must Have’ Technical Skills:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, with the ability to engage audiences at all levels within and outside the organization through written documents and presentations.
- Proven ability to deliver complex, technical projects on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to work across cross-functional boundaries with only informal authority and oversight
- Solid technical background with experience in design of novel and complex systems and products
- French or other languages are an asset. This includes reading and writing as well as speaking.
‘Must Have’ Soft Skills:
- Solid business acumen, with the ability to manage costs
- Ability to think at a program level and work with others to ensure all financial and administrative tasks are completed to the most favourable outcome for the company.
- Ability to motivate others and align them to a common goal.
- Understands and fluidly operates the processes of risk management and change management.
- Is willing to challenge the status quo in the interest of driving improvement.
- Ability to facilitate a group through problem-solving techniques in order to drive innovation.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.