Field Service and Installation Specialist
- Dates: 16 Feb, 2017
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager this position will focus on site installation of process equipment and the operation and service of that equipment. This challenging position asks the employee to be able to work independently at various customer sites with support from our headquarters in Ontario Canada. The position will require lots of travel. When not on a customer site the candidate will provide telephone support as well as in-house testing of products.
- Interface with customers daily and meet their operational/technical needs.
- Supervise contractors to ensure work performed per customer and code specifications, in a safe manner that meets project goals
- Prepare spares quotes / long term proposals, submit for approval and follow up
- Work on low & high voltage equipment including rectifiers, motors, compressors and PLC’s
- Train customer on fueling 5000 and 10000 psi hydrogen vehicles dispensers
- Independently troubleshoot onsite equipment with customer observing
- Work on and leak test high pressure hydrogen gas lines (up to 15,000 psi)
- Handle hazardous liquid chemicals such as sulfuric acid and potassium hydroxide
- Propose modifications to equipment for improvement and submit proposals
- Able to travel in the USA and rest of the world for an average of 90 days per year. Must be able to understand and adjust to cultural differences.
- Available occasionally 24/7 for customers through mobile phone and email
- Technical diploma in Electro Mechanical, Electro Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of working with high pressure hydrogen gas and possess a TSSA H2 license
- Minimum 3 years experience in field service with process equipment (fuel cell/electrolyser ideal)
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing staff / trades to meet project goal
- Minimum 3 years experience in start-up, troubleshooting, maintaining and training customers in the operation of hydrogen re-fueling stations; including 5k and 10k dispensers, gas control panel, compressors, boosters nozzles and SAE J2601.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the engineering field, including reading P&ID’s , Electrical schematics, PFD, ASME boiler code, ASME B31.3,
- Minimum 5 years experience in Electrical troubleshooting for 24VDC, 120VAC, 220VAC, 480VAC and 600VAC equipment including motors, breaker, relays
- Strong aptitude in mechanical skills specific to gas piping and compressor repairs
- Experience in programming in Allen Bradley,Siemens S7, GE Fanuc, Profibus & Devicnet
- Proficient in English and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook 2nd language preferred, but not required (Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Dutch or German)
- Proficient in giving presentation to intimate and large groups and answers questions appropriately; such as schools, HazOps studies, conventions and government officialsNOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.