Technical Architect / Lead Project Engineer
- Dates: 23 October, 2017
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
- Leads design and development of novel fuel cell and hybrid systems architectures, primarily related to rail-based applications.
- Develops and manages design documentation for fuel cell systems and components in a team environment (electrical and electronics schematics, P&ID diagrams, bills of material, technical specifications, etc.).
- Responsible for all aspects of sub-system design, engineering, and testing/validation by working with cross-functional teams.
- Leads fuel cell system (application-specific) electro-mechanical component specification and integration efforts.
- Performs validation of new electro-mechanical components and subsystems as part of continuous improvement process.
- Participates as a “hands-on” member of a cross-functional product team, by developing product design and test strategies which take into account: cost reduction targets, testing and evaluation processes for new components and the end product, production and manufacturing processes, safety and quality control, service and support.
- Identifies and implements engineering changes (mechanical, process, or electrical) to improve manufacturability, reduce cost, and improve quality for fuel cell products.
- Monitors new product production to ensure compliance with customer requirements, including certifications, and resolves new engineering issues and/or processes, which may surface throughout the development program or project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechatronics, Systems Design or Engineering Science). Graduate Degree (Master’s) in Engineering is an asset.
- 8+ years experience in a rigorous and detail oriented environment. Experience in a leadership role will be considered an asset.
‘Must Have’ Technical Skills:
- Strong analytical skills in broad engineering disciplines (electrical systems, fluid dynamics and heat transfer, process control, etc.). Previous experience developing and reading electrical schematics, P&ID diagrams, and software state diagrams.
- Strong hands-on experience in design and development of electro-mechanical or mechatronic systems and components. Working knowledge of, and an interest in hybrid electrical systems.
- Strong aptitude for developing complex systems, problem identification, and issue resolution.
- Previous application of design for manufacturing and cost reduction strategies.
‘Must Have’ Soft Skills:
- Ability to communicate equally effectively – verbally or in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to provide project leadership, coordination, guidance and drive issue resolution.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to respond to frequent pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working in a pro-active manner with minimal supervision.
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.