Mechanical / Vehicle Design Engineer
Our core principles of teamwork, accountability, customer-orientation, health and safety, and continuous advances in Hydrogen technology have built a collaborative and exciting corporate culture. Our team is committed to creating an environment where employees can grow and keep pace with our rapidly evolving industry. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we will be better able to meet the needs of our diverse customer base through a diverse group of employees. Hydrogenics is constantly looking for highly motivated and talented individuals who want to shift the world to a cleaner brighter future.
We currently have openings for the following positions:
Mechanical / Vehicle Design Engineer
- Dates: 7 February, 2019
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
- Responsible for mechanical and systems design of next generation fuel cell engines, subsystem components, and integrated assemblies.
- Works with customers and product development / R&D teams to translate product requirements into engineering metrics. Based on these metrics, engineers and sources custom components to optimize Hydrogenics’ mobility product line for cost, performance, and ease of integration.
- Champions all design related activity for assigned programs, from concept generation, through development, to production optimization.
- Participates in mobility systems / vehicle integration projects and leads mechanical design efforts.
- Implements design for manufacturing techniques (molding, casting, etc.), in preparation for high volume manufacturing.
- Designs and prepares 3D solid models, 2D drawings, bills of material (BOMs) and P&ID diagrams.
- Tracks design concepts and vehicle/engine functionality through design and testing phases, and provides support for validation activities.
- Maintains and controls mechanical and process design documentation.
- Participates in design reviews, and works closely with cross-functional engineering teams to transfer mechanical design requirements into prototype components / systems.
- Communicates with external suppliers and vendors regarding designed parts and participates in cost-reduction efforts.
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in a rigorous and detail oriented environment.
‘Must Have’ Technical Skills:
- Expertise in product design, prototyping, development and engineering of engines and/or components used in vehicular systems (eg. complex automotive components or subsystems).
- Fluency with 3D / 2D CAD design tools. Previous experience with Solid Edge and AutoCAD are considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of electro-mechanical systems, and previous experience designing, sourcing, specifying, and packaging electro-mechanical components. Solid understanding of principles of fluid dynamics, process control, and heat transfer.
- Experience in physical integration and packaging of vehicular components (sensors, valves, actuators, etc.).
- Experience developing and maintaining mechanical design documentation including bills of material, assembly drawings, and component lists.
- Previous application of design for manufacturing for component designs, and cost reduction strategies (molding, casting, etc.) is considered an asset.
‘Must Have’ Soft Skills:
- Ability to communicate equally effectively – verbally or in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to provide project leadership, coordination, guidance and drive issue resolution.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Places importance on attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards.
- Ability to respond to frequent pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working in a pro-active manner with minimal supervision
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.