Field Service Engineer
- Date: April 04 , 2017
- Location: Oevel, Belgium
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydrogenics Europe NV is based in Oevel, Belgium and is part of the Canadian group Hydrogenics Corporation.
The site in Oevel designs, produces and installs revolutionary hydrogen generators worldwide. Our units produce onsite hydrogen and oxygen, through a water electrolysis process. Hydrogen is used for industrial applications (such as glass, metal and electronics fabrication), for mobility applications (hydrogen refueling stations), and is used to store renewable and surplus energy.
Hydrogenics Corporation has offices in Canada, Belgium, Germany, Russia and Indonesia.
At the moment, our Service & Aftersales department based in Oevel is looking for a Field Service Engineer
- You are responsible for carrying out initial testing of our units in our testing facility.
- Starting up of new electrolysers worldwide, as well as providing training to the customer with respect to safe and correct operation of the unit.
- Carrying out curative and preventive maintenance.
- When onsite, you maintain a critical view and provide recommendations concerning safety, possible upgrades, maintenance requirements, spare & wear parts, etc. This is always done in an open dialogue with the customer.
- After each customer visit, you organize your administration paperwork in a timely manner.
- When you’re in the office, you give technical support to issues reported by customers and you use the registration system while doing so.
- You take part in the rotation system of weekend duty support
- You have a strong awareness of safety, enviro, and quality that is in line with our SHEQ policy and strive for continuous improvement.
- Masters/bachelor degree in the field of automation or electro-mechanics is preferred
- Strong affinity with Siemens S7 and Profibus. Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols is an advantage
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- As you are often abroad (+/-40%), you are fluent in English. Knowledge of any other language is considered an asset.
- You are flexible with respect to travel and working hours. This is a not 9-5 job!
- You are resourceful, pro-active, analytical, have a sense of responsibility and you exude confidence
- Attractive salary package with additional benefits
- Interesting function with responsibility and personal touch
- We foresee an extensive training program
- You get the chance to work with different cultures due to the strong international aspect of the company
- Pleasant working environment with potential for personal growth and development.
If you want to contribute to innovation and change in a technological environment, then don’t hesitate to apply for this job opening!
Send your cover letter and resume to:
Hydrogenics Europe NV
t.a.o. Ann Kempen – Nijverheidsstraat 48c – 2260 Oevel