Fuel Cell Systems / Project Engineer
- Dates: 23 Apr, 2019
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
The systems / product design engineer’s role is to perform design and development work for fuel cell systems and applications. Responsibilities include:
- Design and develop complex fuel cell systems, using a multidisciplinary approach – this will involve broad engineering expertise, including mechanical, electrical, systems, software, and process design.
- Support component level, sub-system and system level sourcing and testing for performance, reliability and durability. Examples of tests are: fuel cell stacks, fuel cell power modules, humidification devices, DC/DC power conversion devices, batteries, sensors, blowers, pumps, motors, environmental testing (sub-zero and sub-ambient temperature testing), field testing, etc.
- Develop validation test methods and protocols. Use DOE best practices.
- Participate in in-depth analysis of test data.
- Generate technical reports and presentations, with the ability to present information in a clear and organized manner.
- Conduct presentations to team members on design progress.
- Support management of selected custom projects.
- Complete specification documents and procedures for new products before launched into manufacturing.
- Provide general technical feedback on the design and development of mechanical and electrical sub-systems.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a electromechanical systems design and testing environment.
‘Must Have’ Technical Skills:
- Ability to design and set-up electrical and mechanical test fixtures for testing.
- Experience developing integrated systems for heavy duty mobility (automotive, rail, aerospace) is an asset.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical schematics.
- “Hands on” experience is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in data management role.
‘Must Have’ Soft Skills:
- Strong design, analytical, and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Outstanding technical report writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with ability to present to a variety of audiences.
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Energetic and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to maintain an organized and clean work environment.
- Continuously seeks new ways to improve productivity.
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.