Manufacturing and Process Engineer
- Dates: 20 March, 2018
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Specify, procure, install, start-up robotic assembly lines and other equipment for production
- Set-up, program, operate, optimize and maintain machines for injection and compression moulding of plastic /elastomeric (LSR) parts, stamping of metal parts, converting and coating processes
- other processes (solely responsible)
- Set-up of PLC algoritm (‘recipe’) for molding and other machines to process various parts & optimize process speed.
- Set-up plant layout and production process flow
- Establish SOPs (routings, tooling, assembly drawings, assembly methods and job instruction sheets.)
- Identify suppliers for equipment and tooling and lead their procurement
- Lead manufacturing fixture design and acquisition (tooling, fixtures, gaging)
- Interface / communicate / negotiate with engineering team:
- Analyze product designs and provide feedback to design engineering to support DFMA
- Provide liason with engineering for new product launch and ECOs
- Design input / oversight and approval of tooling / fixtures for manufacturing
- Lead operations and engineering communication meetings
- Identify, design and implement improvements to the manufacturing processes to reduce cost, decrease product variability and improve product yield and run-rate. Implemention leadership solely by candidate
- Understanding and correlating fitness-for-use requirements to process measurements, process set points, and raw materials to ensure products continually meet performance needs
Additional Items :
- Creating, performing, and reviewing designed experiments using statistical methods
- Applying troubleshooting techniques to determine root cause of process concerns
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Works with manufacturing equipment suppliers to resolve quality issues;
- Perform cost / benefit and make / buy analysis on manufacturing processes.
- Implement productivity enhancements including process re-engineering, new materials, tooling, machines and robotics.
- Ability to work hands on and understand the fundamentals of mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience with Process yield improvement / capacity improvement through LEAN.
- Oversees implementation and maintenance of the Manufacturing Engineering Function;
- Prepare and present reports
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience:
- Design of processes, automation of processes, ramping up processes;
- Direct experience with injection moulding of plastics and/or elastomers (preferred LSR). Experience bonding / glueing / sealing (gasketing) parts.
- Set-up and Optimize processes for Stamping and Moulding of products / parts.
Release of designs for manufacturing tooling and equipment
Skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of Lean, Kanban or 6 Sigma;
- Trained and Experienced with Quality, Safety and Environment for manufacturing.
- Experience in a world-class (e.g. ISO9000, Lean) environment;
- Experience with negotiating terms and conditions;
- Ability to work well in a deadline driven environment with changing priorities;
- Prior experience in high value and low volume environments as well as high volume
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective written and oral communication;
- Ability to work independently or in a team, quick learner and adaptable.
- Liaison with all levels of employees and management as well as suppliers
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills;
- High energy level – ability to inspire and motivate team to meet project deadlines; and
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.