- Dates: 25 March, 2019
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Work with Design Engineers to understand manufacturing requirements for vehicle power systems and energy storage stations. Provide input to improve ease-of-assembly and disassembly for servicing.
- Communicate Design requirements to suppliers and fabricators, including adherence to HYGs specifications and international standards. Knowledge of international standards is an asset.
- Work with suppliers in the fulfillment of HYGs orders. Manage the delivery schedule, prioritize orders, as well as inspect the suppliers’ systems, processes, materials, work in process, and final products before shipping. Create inspection and audit records/reports in accordance to ISO-9001.
- Create Assembly Instructions for HYGs Production (Mechanical and Electrical). Work as a liaison between Engineering, Production, and Quality. Be the technical resource for Production.
- Work with the Engineering & Quality departments to create new internal standards and SOW (Standard Operating Procedures). Eg. Develop new fastener torqueing specs and installation methods.
- Participate in technical customer audits. Interpret customer specific requirements and standards.
- Lead Continuous Improvement projects to improve plant-wide efficiencies, reduce costs and reduce waste.
- Specify new manufacturing equipment, fixtures, tooling, and work flows.
- Create test methods for validating new products.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering.
- 5 years minimum as an Engineer. P.Eng or P.Eng in training.
- Hands-On experience either as a machinist, millright, welder, mechanic, or service technician.
- Experience with steel fabrication or vehicle assembly or chemical process plants. Mechanical systems, as well as sensors and electrical wiring.
- Experience auditing fabricators, conducting QC inspections, and creating reports.
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to read 2D and 3D drawings. Strong GD&T skillset. Basic CAD skills (Solid Edge or Solidworks).
- Experience with the following codes & standards: ASME B31.3, BPVC, PED, ASME/ANSI B16.5, CSA W47.1, EN 15085, AWS D1.1.
- MRP systems, new part number creation, managing BOMs.
- Practical knowledge of ISO 9001, Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing, DFA, 5S, SPC, Gauge R&R, DFMEA, PFMEA, HAZOP, DOE, 8D, Fishbone, 5Y.
- Communication skills: Must be able to effectively interface with suppliers, customers, and internal team members
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.