- Dates: 10 April, 2019
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
- Minimum 3 yrs with Roll to Roll Equipment process Optimization, Coating equipment (preferably using slot die or microgravure coating and lamination)
- Minimum 5 years direct experience with as a process engineer with experience in at least one of: injection moulding of plastics and/or elastomers (preferred LSR), coating equipment (slot die / spray, etc.). Experience bonding / gluing / sealing (gasketing) parts
- Identify, develop and implement best practices and improvements to the manufacturing processes to improve production rates, reduce cost, and decrease product variability.
- Applying troubleshooting techniques to determine root cause of process concerns
- Identify quality issues, formulate reaction plans and implement corrective action
- Set-up, program, operate, optimize and maintain machines for injection and compression moulding of plastic /elastomeric (LSR) parts, assembly equipment, roll to roll (R2R), laminating, mixing and blending equipment
- Establish SOPs (routings, tooling, assembly drawings, assembly methods and job instruction sheets.)
- Product dimensional review and analysis
- Works with manufacturing equipment suppliers to resolve quality issues;
- Identify suppliers for equipment and tooling and lead their procurement
- Implement productivity enhancements including process re-engineering, new materials, tooling, machines and robot
- Experience with Process yield improvement / capacity improvement through LEAN.
- Prepare and present reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in Process Engineering
‘Must Have’ Technical Skills:
- Technical writing skills
- Roll to Roll equipment design, test and optimization
- Advanced root cause analysis and corrective actions (e.g., 8D, Fishbone, 5Y)
- Computer software skills (Microsoft Office), CAD proficiency
- Read engineering drawings and SOPs
- Process Engineering with molding equipment
‘Must Have’ Soft Skills:
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of Lean, Kanban or 6 Sigma;
- Trained and experienced with quality, safety and environment for manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently or in a team, quick learner and adaptable.
- Liaison with all levels of employees and management as well as suppliers
- High energy level – ability to inspire and motivate team to meet project deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized and methodical in order to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to recognize problem and use sound judgment to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrates professional, positive, service-oriented behavior.
- Good interpersonal skills working in a fast pace workplace with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team and deal with interact with a variety of personalities
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.