Project Engineer – Automated Testing and Process Equipment
- Dates: 20 March, 2019
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
Main Duties: Process/Mechanical/Electrical candidate’s role is to perform design and development work for test equipment and process equipment for production ramp. Responsibilities include:
- Design and develop test equipment and production equipment.
- Hydrogen and pneumatic system design & development including: process design of fluid and gas flow and pressure control subsystems, electromechanical component selection and validation, plant layout, development of operating and controls, and design compliance to applicable standards.
- Be a part of a multidisciplinary team and be involved in understanding systems-related design work in electrical, mechanical, installation/siting, and software areas.
- Develop validation test methods and protocols.
- Participate in in-depth analysis of test data.
- Participate in project management of selected custom projects.
- Generate technical reports and presentations, with the ability to present information in a clear and organized manner.
- Conduct presentations to team members on design progress.
- Creation of product-specific specification documents and procedures for new products.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a electromechanical systems design environment involving process (fluids and gases) control.
Skills and attributes:
- Experience in fluid/gas process design, including component (process control devices, valves, sensors, actuators, etc.) sourcing and selection.
- Fluent in creation/read/understand process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical schematics.
- “Hands on” design experience is an asset.
- Experience managing custom complex projects in a technical role is an asset.
- Strong design, analytical, and troubleshooting capabilities
- Outstanding technical report writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with ability to present to a various audiences.
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Energetic and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to maintain an organized and clean work environment.
- Continuously seeks new ways to improve productivity.
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.