- Dates: 25 March, 2019
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful candidate for the Quality Engineer position will be involved in APQP/PPAP, supplier audits, process QA/QC, continuous improvement, internal/external issue resolution, preventive and corrective actions and all other relevant aspects in the Quality team. Responsibilities include:
- Investigates, resolves and documents customer quality complaints/concerns and internal/external quality issues
- Monitors product quality performance and reviews internal/external product failures
- Initiates appropriate corrective actions to achieve product quality improvement
- Ensures appropriate quality processes and controls are in place to meet product quality requirements and standards (e.g., P-FMEA)
- Participates in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Control Plan and in Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) to evaluate and approve production designs and processes before, during and after manufacture
- Communicates with suppliers for quality issues and solving problems
- Performs supplier audits to achieve quality improvement and to ensure vendor qualification
- Customer product returns – performs incoming diagnosis, investigates for countermeasures and generates final diagnostic reports
- Internal/External quality issues and non-conformances – identifies quality issues, performs root cause analysis (e.g., 8D, fishbone diagram, 5 whys, NCR) and follows up with responsible person(s) and/or parties until closing
- Engineering change control – identifies needs for engineering changes, provides recommendations on necessary changes and initiates reports with corrective measures
- Provides QC & QA support for new product development and engineering project introduction.
- Applies principles and techniques underlying Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Communicates effectively with Quality team and Hydrogenics’ management to inform any quality related issues identified
- Ensures incoming materials and outgoing products are in compliance with Hydrogenics’ required specifications through inspections
- Follows all company’s guidelines and policies determined by Hydrogenics’ management
- Support Production QC staffs as needed and other duties as assigned
- Relevant Engineering Degree with P.Eng. designation (or eligible)
- 5-10 years of experience in Quality Engineering
‘Must Have’ Technical Skills:
- Technical writing skills (e.g., WI documents, SOPs, technical reports)
- Product quality and manufacturing process quality improvement activities
- Advanced root cause analysis and corrective actions (e.g., 8D, Fishbone, 5Y)
- Advanced product quality planning (APQP) & Production part approval process (PAPP)
- Computer software skills (Microsoft Office), CAD proficiency
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
‘Must Have’ Soft Skills:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized and methodical in order to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with good work ethics and minimal supervision
- Ability to recognize problem and use sound judgment to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrates professional, positive, service-oriented behavior.
- Good interpersonal skills working in a fast pace workplace with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team and deal with interact with a variety of personalities
- Honesty and integrity
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.