- Dates: 19 July, 2018
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
- Achieve product quality improvement by monitoring product quality performance and reviewing external and internal product failures. Initiate appropriate corrective actions in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Investigate, resolve and document both customer quality complaints and concerns and both supplier and internal quality issues by taking appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensure appropriate quality processes and controls are in place to meet product quality standards
- Identify critical product quality requirements and areas with potential risk.
- Communicate with suppliers for quality issues and solving problems. Perform supplier audits for quality improvement as necessary.
- Apply principles and techniques underlying Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Communicates effectively with Quality team and Hydrogenics’ management to inform any quality related issues identified
- Performs quality control of non-conformance materials issued to production
- Ensures incoming materials and outgoing products are in compliance with Hydrogenics’ required specifications through inspections
- RMA (Return Material Authorization) – performs incoming diagnosis on returns from customers, investigates for countermeasures and generates final diagnostic reports. Maintains RMA track sheet on server.
- QIN (Quality Issue Number) – identifies quality related issues, performs root cause analysis, follows up with responsible person(s) and maintains until closing. Maintains QIN track sheet on server.
- NCR (Non Conformance Report) – identifies defects on incoming materials, performs root cause analysis, generates reports, contacts suppliers and coordinates returns of non conformance materials
- ECR (Engineering Change Control) – identifies needs for engineering changes, provides recommendations on necessary engineering changes and initiates reports with corrective measures
- CAR (Corrective Action Report) – reports non-conformances and potential non-conformances, performs root cause analysis and necessary corrective/preventive actions and generates reports as needed
- Performs ongoing production checks to ensure proper procedures are executed in production
- Ensures a good control of quality related project documentation and part certificates (e.g., CSA, ASME, TUV, PED, etc…)
- Maintains a clean, organized and professional work environment
- Follows all company’s guidelines and policies determined by Hydrogenics’ management
- Support Production QC staffs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant Engineering Degree with P.Eng. designation (or eligible)
- 5-10 years of experience in Quality Engineering
‘Must Have’ Technical Skills:
- Technical writing skills
- Product quality and manufacturing process quality improvement activities
- Advanced root cause analysis and corrective actions (e.g., 8D, Fishbone, 5Y)
- Computer software skills (Microsoft Office), CAD proficiency
- Read engineering drawings and SOPs
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
‘Must Have’ Soft Skills:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized and methodical in order to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to recognize problem and use sound judgment to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrates professional, positive, service-oriented behavior.
- Good interpersonal skills working in a fast pace workplace with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team and deal with interact with a variety of personalities
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.