Senior MEA R&D and Process Scientist
- Dates: 05 June, 2018
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
- Lead a team to develop the core materials and basic process for MEA production
- Source, evaluate and manage supply options for key materials.
- Source and review catalyst and ionomer sources
- Manage technical relationships with all MEA material suppliers
- Formulate catalyst ink solutions optimized for our product designs
- Component selection and validation, component design, recipe evaluation, process condition optimization, designed to meet functional and cost targets
- Coating of sample and volume materials for CMM production
- Test protocol design to validate components
- Testing of in house sample materials
- Coating Process Development
- Hand coat
- Pilot coat (support)
- High volume line coat (support)
- Develop validation test methods and protocols and participate in in-depth analysis of test data.
- Generate technical reports and presentations, and conduct presentations to team members on design progress.
- Creation of product-specific specification documents and procedures.
- Creation or adoption or product specific diagnostic procedures
- Manage government sponsored projects
- Interface with outside consultants and Universities for R&D projects
- Apply for new funding and collaborative R&D projects
- MEA evaluation / quality analysis review – fundamental review of degradation methods with various our in house and third party MEA supply
- Ability to champion root cause analysis of failed fuel cell or electrolyzer materials
- Develop and support QC techniques for incoming fuel cell material inspection
- Conduct corrosion and electrochemical tests
Master’s or PhD in Chem or Mat’ls Eng or Electrochemistry
8-10 yrs of progressive work experience
Skills and attributes:
- Analytic devices (SEM, TEM, XRD, XRF, etc.)
- Electrochemical Analysis of FC Materials
- Technical Reports, Presentations in front of large groups
- FC Materials Research Experience
- Strong work ethic, independent, curious, self starter, motivating
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.