Software Engineer / Labview / Systems Engineer
- Dates: 12 April, 2019
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydrogenics Corporation is a leading developer of clean tech solutions for hydrogen generation, energy storage, and fuel cell power modules for mobility and stationary applications. We are helping customers around the world make the shift to a cleaner energy future. Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Ontario, and has sales and manufacturing operations in Europe, the US and Asia.
The Software Engineer / Labview / Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
- Be part of the operations engineering team.
- Participate in systems design and engineering processes to define unique test and manufacturing systems.
- Design and develop code and system software for fuel cell electrolyser and fuel cell test stations as well as production equipment and automation.
- Link plant with industry 4.0 communications
- Test and debug software during the installation and commissioning process of custom projects.
- Maintain and improve existing code as needed, and;
- Other duties as required.
- University degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or systems design engineering.
- 5 to 10 years experience as a Software / Systems Engineer in a rigorous and detail-oriented environment.
‘Must Have’ Technical Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of software engineering for embedded control of electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical, mechanical and process control systems.
- Expert in Labview HW and SW. Proficient in C, C++, and PLC programming.
- Experience with developing software for control of test and automation systems.
‘Must Have’ Soft Skills:
- Ability to communicate equally effectively – verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced and interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to respond to frequent pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.