- Date: November 18 , 2019
- Location: Oevel, Belgium
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydrogenics, part of the Cummins Electrification business is an industry leading developer of renewable hydrogen technology and we are currently looking to hire a Technical Manager to join us in our Oevel location.
This is a fantastic opportunity, leading 15 technical experts in our innovative Technology Department; dedicated to developing new products, improving our existing product line and overseeing a multitude of exciting and varied projects for our customers. You will have ownership of key project mile stones, ensuring that each piece of work is at the highest standard, in budget and on time.
This is the perfect role for you if you are looking to work with some of the most advanced, renewable technology alongside some of the top talent in the industry. You are excited to be part of the evolution of our products and you are dedicated to achieving high quality, efficient solutions for our customers. You enjoy coaching and mentoring a team of engineers, supporting them in being self- sufficient and creating a collaborative and autonomous work environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the accurate and on-time delivery of the product platforms, focussing on key mile stones including; Set up of required project specifications, checking accuracy of design calculations, delivery of instrumentation information, organising HAZOP studies, timely delivery of customer documentations and ensuring contractual obligations to the customer are met
- Oversee the validation of newly designed platforms including testing installations and investigating any deviations from the specification. Ensure all documentation required for codes and standards are completed (i.e. CE, NRTL, UL, ASME)
- Collaborate with the team to achieve efficient and accurate modifications to existing platforms. Screen design modifications and make sure each stage is recorded and up to date at all times
- Explore and investigate potential technological advancements with the team to identify opportunities for efficiency and performance improvements.
- Coach the team in developing their technical expertise so that KPI’s are met and share your knowledge so that they can work autonomously in their roles and progress within the business.
- Continuously improve the efficiency of our Technology-related processes using clearly defined methodologies and making data based decisions, focusing on cost reductions where possible.
- Provide adequate input on product solutions, cost and attributes to the sales & marketing group in order to win commercial orders or funded/demonstration projects
- Support the Operations Group in the selection of appropriate tools, jigs and fixtures
- Collaborate with the Service Group in occasional off-site support at customer installations as and when required
‘Must Have’ Skills:
- Substantial technical experience in an engineering development environment directly driving concepts to commercialization, specifically from a Process Engineering background.
- Advanced working knowledge/understanding of electrochemical systems and their components is advantageous
- Demonstrable success in leading multiple engineering projects for a variety of customers
- A track record of technical problem solving, and quality decision making, providing technical direction and leadership to a project team
- Experience working in or with an EPC company, with the understanding of document control, on-time, on-cost, and on-quality aspects of such EPC contracts
- To be an influential leader who can lead by example and motivate a team to achieve key targets by working smartly and collaboratively.
- A Meng in Process/ Chemical/ Material Engineering or equivalent is required to be considered
Hydrogenics is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange appropriate accommodations.
If you feel any of these positions describe your skills and experience please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the contact information listed in the position details. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.